1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uninstalling from something I can't reach.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Untold Prophecy, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untold Prophecy

Untold Prophecy Thread Starter

So recently my external harddrive was dropped and died. I had Steam installed on it, but since it's dead, I wanted to reinstall in onto my normal drive. Well, when I went to try, it gave me an error because it couldn't find it in H drive. And I can't uninstall it, because the add and remove programs wizard gives me an error because it can't locate it. What do I do?

2. raybro

raybro

Sounds like you have no option except to manually delete any folders/files associated with the program from your C:\ drive (there shouldn't be much if the prog was installed on the external drive) and edit the registry. Tricky business if you are not experienced with such things. :eek:

If you should be tempteted to do so, be very sure to do a backup of your registry before doing anything. You can learn about backing up the registry here.

Good Luck... Raybro

3. Untold Prophecy

Untold Prophecy Thread Starter

Yea, I did that, it works now. Thanks. I'll put the solved thing on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/675679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice