Solved: Uninstalling McAfee

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

72Blazer

my cousin got a computer from a friend and it has McAfee on it. It keeps saying that it has expired and popups keep coming up.

1st popup says: Some McAfee security center components have not been installed or launched properly. Please restart your computer, if message appears again please reinstall McAfee securitycenter.

2nd popup says: Some Components of ActiveShield are missing or might not have been installed properly.

She asked me if I could remove it, but when I go to Add/Remove programs I click on remove and nothing happens. Is there anyway to remove it.

The computer is running Windows XP

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Download and save the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool.

Close all open windows first, then run the tool and follow the directions.

Restart your computer afterwards.

Run the tool again and then restart again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

72Blazer

ok thanks, if I have any problems I will let you know. Sounds pretty easy though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online