1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uninstalling MS Office!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by itsmenance, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. itsmenance

itsmenance Thread Starter

Help!!! I want to uninstall the new MS Office Click to Run program! I installed it 3 days ago just so I could get MS Word...and it is totally affecting my computer! I scanned for virusus...none! It is definitley this! But every time I try to, it won't let me: and after googling my problem, I have found numerous postings that tell me this is country wide!!! And just TRY to get through to MS Support...good luck! Can someone please help me???:mad:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you go to the Control Panel, then "Uninstall a progarm" and click on the entry for this newly install program?

3. itsmenance

Hi, dave a...
    Yes, that's the 1st thing I did...and it sat there for about 10 min frozen with the messege "...configuring MS Beta blah blah...time remaining 15 sec...", then it told me sorry, but this could not be completed, try contacting MS support!
    So I tried it again 5 times after re-starting my computer, and every time, same thing!:mad:

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
  5. itsmenance

...did this one, too! Same thing...it froze @ 11 sec & never completed!:confused:

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Did you have Office 2010 Beta installed before you installed this "Click to Run"?

7. huggie54

huggie54

8. itsmenance

Yes. I just wanted to install MS Word only...but all I could find was this MS Office 2010 Click to Run "package": it had all the Office things...Excel, Word, etc. So, like a trusting idiot, I downloaded it...but then remembered that MS word 2007 did some damage to my system sometime back, so that's when I started TRYING to get it off my computer! And like I said, I've read a TON of sites with people saying the same thing! Would doing that process where you go back to a date when my system didn't have it do the trick? And what is that process?

9. itsmenance

hugggie54: I don't have Word 2007 anymore...all I said was I HAD trouble with it in the past..so I got rid of it. Sorry for the misunderstandsing...and thanx for trying to help!

10. huggie54

huggie54

right buddy if you want to restore your system to an earlier time go to start>accessories>system tools>system restore,select a date that is in the bolder print to restore to a time before the problem.it will state what was installed/uninstalled on the selected date so search for the desired date,if it dosn't work you can restore back to today or keep trying any other dates

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Microsoft Word is not available as a stand-alone program. It's only part of a suite of applications. It's also not free. What you downloaded was a public beta, which means it's still buggy, and it will stop working in October.

Try using Revo Uninstaller to remove Office.

Also, please post in a regular, normal sized font. The huge bold font is difficult to read.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice