1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Uninstalling office XP, help me get rid of it all.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bcon76, Jan 22, 2002.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

I am having the hardest time uninstalling Office XP from WinXP. I have been having a problem with outlook taking forever to open when it was working just fine before. I think I have exausted all options other then uninstall/reinstall. Problem is that I have uninstalled/reinstall 3 times and when I reinstall everything is the way I set it up in the first place. All of my profiles are there, all of my files are there. And it still takes forever to open outlook. I deleted all remaining files that I can find after unistalling the last time then reinstalled and got the same results. I don't mind a full uninstall/reinstall at this point, I can setup everthing again. So if anyone knows how I can compleatly remove this Microsoft Monster from my system so I can compleatly reinstall and hopfully resolve this anoyance once and for all let me know.

Thanks.

P.S. - Bill Gates must have the biggest collection of human hair in the world. From all the people who have ripped it from their scalp and sent it to him in the name of Microsoft in one last attempt to express their frustrations with the undying beast! Ahh, I feel much better now.

2. Seoulbro

Seoulbro

I hope this ok to do (posting from another site)...this is taken from TweakXP.com and it did the trick for me...Outlook opens in a matter of seconds. I hope this helps, but, then again, it sounds as if you may have moved beyond this point and perhaps a big hammer would be more appropriate :p Cheers

Fix Outlook's slow load time without editing registry
    Written By: Kevin Glendenning | Authors Website: Visit | Views: 33503 | Print Tweak | 10/28/2001

There has already been one suggestion for fixing Outlook's load time after uninstalling Messenger, however if you don't feel comfortable editing the registry simply open Outlook, click on the Tools menu, then Options, then go to the 'Other' tab, then un-check the box at the bottom that reads "Enable instant messaging in Microsoft Outlook".

:p

3. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

Un f***ing real! This is awsome! And I feel awsomely foolish as this was soooo simple. Thanks for the tip. I had given up and decided to live with it. I'm suprised a google search didn't pick that up. Oh well thanks again.

P.S. - If that is only your 2nd post keep it up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice