1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uninstalling Printer Help Please

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Leelee77, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leelee77

Leelee77 Thread Starter

Last weekend I had a tidy up of my programs on my laptop, I removed a few things one of which was the driver and software for my old HP Printer. I now have a new printer and am getting annoyed with the HP one asking for updates all the time.

One of the other things I uninstalled was Bonjour as I thought it was just some apple thing that had installed along with all the Ipod stuff. However when I went to print with my wireless printer it was asking for Bonjour so I did a system restore.

Unfortunately, now when I switch my laptop on the HP stuff keeps looking for bits to install and run in the system tray - v. annoying. So, I tried to uninstall it again via add/remove programs and it just won't do it. Its like part of it is there but not enough of it for it to acknowledge it and uninstall it.

Is there another way I can get rid of it without having to go and install it all over again? I have tried different restore points to no avail.

Edited to add, I am using Windows Vista.

Thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. Leelee77

Leelee77 Thread Starter

thank you :)

4. Leelee77

Leelee77 Thread Starter

sorted now thanks :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice