1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uninstalling SpeedUpMyPC

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rapidfirerob, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Thread Starter

I would like to uninstall SpeedUpMyPC version 2.04. I no longer need it and it uses valuable resources. When I try to do so I get: error 1306. It then states:
    Another application has exclusive access to the file "C\Program Files\LI Utilities\Speedupmypc\pldt.dat". Shut down all other applications, then click retry.
    What do I do from here? Thanks so much.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Look in Task Manager to see if any of the execuatbles associated with the application are running and terminate them. If unsure, you can install Unlocker. You can then right-click the pldt.dat file and see what handles it has active and sever them.

Alternatively, you can try to reinstall or repair the application, and then try uninstalling after a reboot. This may restore any missing elements of the uninstallation procedure.

You might also try an application like Startup Control Panel to control startups. Disable any startup of the program and reboot. Try uninstalling when no parts of the application are running.

3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Thread Starter

I went to repair the app by clicking remove, and the third time must have been the charm as it removed it seamlessly. Thank goodness. Thanks for the advice.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

There's something to be said for persistence, I guess. Thanks for the update.

You can mark the thread "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

5. hottingboy

hottingboy

how do make a sever so i can talk two people on world of warcraft

6. hottingboy

hottingboy

how do i make a sever so i can talk two people on world of warcraft

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536779