1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unique type of OS !!

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by nick247, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

hiii guys ..!!!

Do any1 know here if there is any OS, in which multiple open tabs form into a 3D type viewing without any help of a graphic card n in which any open window blasts off when closed n its control panel tab burns out when closed .

Does any tech know such kind of Operating System ?

2. Soundy

Soundy

Sounds more like an interface enhancement, not something OS-dependent. There's probably something out there that will do this on Windows, likely OSX as well, and maybe even some Linux shells.

3. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

thanx 4 de reply tech ...

i cam up wid de same answer bt ma professor said dat its nt de exact answer.......

do u know any other alternative OS dat will have such features other than OSX ....??

4. Soundy

Soundy

Your description is really kind of vague and hard to understand, but it sounds sort of like the 3D Flip feature in Windows Vista and 7:

[​IMG]

5. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

dats nt wat i was lookin 4

Now i've found dat out .

n thanx Soundy who tried his best 2 help me

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

NT is really a generic term for most of Microsoft's operating system (NT 3.1, NT 3.5, NT 4, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 server and 7) and your description above really doesn't match what NT does.

7. Soundy

Soundy

He's not talking about Windows NT, he's using 'nt' as some sort of *******ized abbreviation for 'not' (because I guess three letters is just too many to type).

So nick, what was the ultimate solution?

8. Squashman

yes I was annoyed but users previous spelling and sentence structure. That stuff really irritates the hell out of me.

9. Soundy

Soundy

My brain hurts too much for it to annoy me anymore.

10. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

The one which I was searching was known as "Knoppix".

I installed it in my Virtual machine. I'm just gonna check all its features.

11. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

Here are some Screenshots of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Soundy

Soundy

The thing about Linux distros is that you can use a wide variety of shells and interfaces with different versions (like Ubuntu, Redhat, Knoppix, and many others). While that may be the default shell for the Knoppix distro you have, like I said before, what's you're talking about are features of a shell, not the OS itself.

13. nick247

nick247 Thread Starter

yeah u have been a great help for me in finding it

Thanks once again

14. Squashman

Yep. You can probably run that same Windows Environment on any Linux distro if you wanted to.

15. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Yes, you can. As long as you have some variant of X windows running. The package that provides the effects shown is called Compiz and is available by default on most distros, and available one way or another on ALL distros.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995326