1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Unix Print Services

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mhughes, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mhughes

mhughes Thread Starter

I am trying to unistall or disable Unix Print Services. Trying to unistall TCP/IP protocol, windows 2000 won't let me. The error states that it cannot delete TCP/IP because another system is using it, "Unix Print Services". The only thing installed that I could think of with unix is IPX program used to configure a network printer. I have unistalled this software, so I think! Just need to find out more information of Unix Print Services. Thanks for any help!

:confused:

2. Dan O

Dan O

Try going into Safe Mode and delete all Network option and they are add what you need.

3. mhughes

mhughes Thread Starter

Thanks Dan, I'll try that on Monday. I have unloaded and reloaded the network devices and still recieved the message,however, I have not tried it in safe mode. I am also going to try and disable the services in Task Manager (for some reason I did not think of that until yesterday). I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Thanks again

4. mhughes

mhughes Thread Starter

Dan, Just an update. It would not let me delete it in safe mode either. I found the files on the machine but have not had time to investgate the where or why this is bound to the tcp/ip adapter.
    If I figure it out I'll let you know.
    Thanks

5. elsinaj

elsinaj

Have you tried the following?
    (Don't shoot me for asking the obvious:)

Control Panel|Add/Remove software
    Add/remove Windows Components
    Deselect the option "Other Network File and Print services"

A.J.

6. mhughes

mhughes Thread Starter

elsinaj,
    It always makes sense to ask the obvious. All is now good!
    Thank You.
    MHughes

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice