1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unknown device/no drivers installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhorne4, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

I am having problems installing my kodak printer dock.I have never had a problem with it before now.It worked fine on my other computer but windows xp will not recognize it on this new computer.I installed the drivers like i always have before,i have downloaded updated drivers from kodak's website,i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and checked all of my usb connections to see if they all work and they are ok.When i turn on the printer dock i get a message that says, one of the usb devices has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.It shows up in the device manager as an unknown device and tells me no drivers are installed for this device.The driver shows up in the add/remove files.Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. seekermeister

seekermeister

Have you tried the "Add Hardware" wizard in the Control Panel?

3. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

I had not until you reminded so i tried that and it still will not work.It still shows no driver installed.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What SPECIFIC drivers are you loading, do you have a link?

5. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

I loaded the same drivers i have always used on the cd that came with the printer dock.It is the printer dock driver cd.I have also tried the updated drivers from kodak.I have a kodak printer dock 6000.

6. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

7. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

I got it working JohnWill.All i did was unhook the power cord from the printer and reconnect the printer and it was recognized instantly.Thanks for the reply.I will mark this one solved.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice