Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: unknown devices

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jwv13 
#1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me with this, I have an eMachines t5224 running Vista Home Premium; Removed a couple tdss rootkits, lots of malware, cleaned it up and am getting found new hardware wizard which is pointing to unknow USB devices. I unplugged all USB devices and in safe mode uninstalled all USB root, rebooted, and same thing. When I let Windows try and find the drivers it comes up empty. I also used driver agent which is not listing the unknown devices after scan! I'm 99.9% sure system is clean, there is no tdss listed in device manager and all malware is gone. Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated!

#2 ·
This may be a longshot, but did you check the BIOS for USB device settings?
(for example, "mass storage device" setting being enabled in my BIOS, causes the problem that you are having).

Another possibility is trying to fix the issue by uninstalling all USB devices in device manager, uninstalling the chipset and USB drivers, rebooting then reinstalling.

#4 ·
Yes, I did check the bios, usb's are enabled and I did use Ccleaner, which I think is pretty safe, however I can't do a system restore because I turned it off chasing the rootkit. The weird thing about it is that if I play around with it enough I can get my flash drive and external to be seen, although the drivers are still unknown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.