1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unknown Hotmail Contact

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jackrabbit, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackrabbit

jackrabbit Thread Starter

Hi, I got home tonight and checked my email, I use Mozilla Thunderbird. I went to my address book and found a strange and unknown contact. It is [email protected]. I went to google and searched and came up with a Jap motorcycle, but I'm into bikes, just never visited any bike sites, so I was wondering how that contact got there. Any ideas? I'm scared to mail to it in case it is a virus. I use a Key Logger program because I have about 9 people who use this pc while I'm away. I looked back on the Keylogger files and did not see where anyone used my email to send a message to these people or person. I checked the properties of the address hoping to find out what day date and time it was added, but all info on it is blank.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Check down through this page about T-bird, it has some good help with Address Books....

http://www.valpo.edu/eis/help/documentation/tbird.php

Is this contact in the Personal Address Book or the Collected Addresses Book? There are about 3 books....

See the info for the Collected Addresses book- it can be turned off so they don't automatically get stored.

Anyway, I would simply delete the contact, if it comes back begin asking questions.

Hope it helps!

3. jackrabbit

jackrabbit Thread Starter

Thanks, do not understand how it got there, made me worry. I deleted it. Thanks for the help, wish I could donate as this site has helped me a few times, I am in a very terrible financial crisis right now, but rest assured as soon as I am straight, I will donate. Thanks

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi jackrabbit! Glad you were able to get rid of it easily.
    Thanks for getting back with the confirmation and all.
    Feel free to donate as you can afford to whenever that may be.

Glad to help. I'll mark the thread Solved for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437824

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice