1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: unknown pci device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by milehighmark, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. milehighmark

milehighmark Thread Starter

I have a IBM windows 2000 system and it wont recognize the cd-rom I tried unistalling an reistall but the device manager reads windows cannot install the drivers I also have a unknown pci device PCI bus 0, device 31, function 3 also state the drivers are not installed,when I try to install the drivers they cant be found I downloaded the device identifier but clueless where to go it shows it as being Intel 24D3h82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)SMbus controller I think these two are tied together?? also the computer wont assign a drive letter but the CD-ROM is listed in the device manager any help???

2. milehighmark

any help or ideas on these problems as I look at what I posted earlier I'm not sure if I explained it the best way but I am really needing some insight

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What is the exact model of the IBM computer? There should be a Type-Model Number on it like 1234-ABC on it. The missing driver is for the Intel chipset, it should be available to download on the IBM/Lenovo site using the computer Type-Model number.

As for the CD drive, try this solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008/
    If you never had Roxio, there are several other applications that can also cause the same error and the solution is the same.

4. milehighmark

I thank you for the info the whole problem started when I tried to install an older version of roxio easy cd creator on this desktop that I had on another computer that had WIN ME, never had any problems before I will find that information and get back to you after I try the fixes thanks again will let you know...

5. milehighmark

Triple6, Jst want to say thanks for your help your advice has fixed the problems everything seems to great but if another problems arises I definetly know where to turn ...

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear you got it resolved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/726831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice