1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unpluging IDE cables/ cd rom and DVD drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kilah, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kilah

kilah Thread Starter

OK this is short and sweet right to the point, I use to be able to unplug my

ide cables/ cd-rom drives, no problem but i recently formatted my computer I

also have tried with XP PRO and WINDOWS 2000 cant seem to unplug my cd

rom and cd recorder because if i do my computer does not start up. It

says "BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

ANYBODY can you help me plz? But If I plug the cables back in my computer

starts up. How else can I disable my cd rom? ALSO does anyone know if

STARFORCE 1.12 works with windows 2000?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If the optical drives are on the same IDE cable as the hard drive then you need to make sure the hard drive is jumpered as a SINGLE MASTER and not CABLE SELECT or MASTER WITH SLAVE PRESENT. Also the hard drive should be connected at the END of an 80 wire IDE cable. Then in the BIOS setup set all the drives to AUTO DETECT rather then setting any of the drives to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM.

But why are you disconnecting the drives?

3. kilah

kilah Thread Starter

I am doing this unpluging because to avoid starforce protection

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

From my google searches, it sounds like you are trying to avoid copy protection somehow. I'm going to close this thread, and I see you had another thread closed too.

I'm going to remind you to read the forum rules before posting again. One more closed thread due to illegal actions and your account will be disabled here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/420302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice