Solved: Unwanted cell data deletion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spooky1

Not sure if if this is a `my computer' specific problem.

I leave excel program open during the day, used frequently, but after a period of time when I come back
and open excel any data in the cell the cursor resides on has been wiped. esc key brings back data
but sometimes program is saved on closing and data is deleted.

Any way to disable excel functions then a wakeup/restore key without this annoying habit?

spooky1

But even if autosaved upon completion of a task, there would still remain the problem of shutting everything down at the end of the day. I now have to check excel to see if it has wiped a cell during standby then close down.

No way to disable keyboard/mouse input into excel when the program has been on standby for x minutes?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online