1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: unwanted PC & devices showing in my laptop network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JoeLo, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeLo

JoeLo Thread Starter

:eek: Hi folks;

Please help me to remove these items from my laptop. A particular & ungreatful person abused my laptop to the point where I had to install a password. Now he has his own (thank goodness). I had to perform all kinda of removal actions but I just noticed in my network domain that his name followed by "PC" & under "media devices" & "network infrastructure" contains his name again w/ PC & devices called [TV]UNE40ES6100.

I am using the program's wireless service which I am allowed-to. I just want to remove this person from my laptop. It won't delete when r. clicking. I have win 7 and use this laptop mainly for my online school & email. I know, I should've never lent it to him in the 1st place cause I took a big risk of having it damaged or infected with his relentless music & video downloads. :mad:

Thanks for any assistance or advice you can provide. :)

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

its probably because his on the same network and sharing - so you will see all PCs that are on the network and sharing services

is this possibly the case ?

3. JoeLo

JoeLo Thread Starter

Yes, it's a shared network just wondering why this items have to show multiple times like in "other devices" showing [TV]UN40ES6100. Can I @ least hide these or hide mine ? I wann'a use caution when it comes to my unit, it's the only one I use for online lectures (long distance learning) and have 10 months to-go. :cool:

~ Thanks'

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

this is how mine looks - is that what you are referring to ?
    and you can see the router , which also has a shared drive attached and a media server

Attached Files:

5. JoeLo

JoeLo Thread Starter

Sorry, could not paste my screenshot onto this using the snipping tool "what'a bummer" but yea, it looks very similar to yours except mine is showing this "idiot's (pardon me) PC & devices. I guess it's not a problem, would've liked to remove all others. Thanks for the help tho' (y)

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

This info should only show when he is on the network , if he switches his PC off , nothing should show on yours

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
    Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

7. JoeLo

JoeLo Thread Starter

Ah, ok. I guess there's a problem w/ chrome not allowing to insert. Anywho' if you have any suggestions I would
    be gratified to read. Thanks Etaff' :)

Attached Files:

8. bill222

bill222

If I understand correctly, the display is properly showing the devices which are connected to the network. These devices are NOT "on your machine", they are on the network to which your machine is connected. While you might not like seeing the guy's name, it is irrational to ask the network display to hide things that are actually there.

The only solution to your "problem" (which is not really a problem or a bug, just a preference on your part), is for you to get your own private router and set up your own network with a password that you do not divulge to your former friend.

9. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Should not be, I have used chrome for years and insert OK

10. JoeLo

JoeLo Thread Starter

Really ? I have much to research & learn. I sure wish I had all the knowledge you guys have. Thanks'

;)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089942