1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Up Dated GeForce 6150SE nForce 43 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Old Marine, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Marine

Old Marine Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

Its been a long time since I’ve had to ask for your great help, but I’m back. I’ll begin with the basic information I know you’ll need, my computer:

AMD Athlon64 x 2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
    2.51 GHz, 3.18 GB Ram
    Running XP Pro service pack 3

Now, here is info for my problem(?):

GeForce graphics
    Microsoft XP 32bit
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 43
    Driver Version: 306.81

Monitor - Dell ST2421L

Now the Problem:
    I upgraded my video driver from NVIDIA website, installed and then the annoyance began. During computer boot, after Desktop appears I hear the error <Beep> sometimes once, sometimes more, BUT Desktop appears and no problem. The problem arises when I open another window, whether its control panel, email or the net, the window does not fill the screen, there is a “gap” between the bottom of the open window, the exact size of my task bar.
    Now, if I adjust my resolution from 1680 x 1050 to 1920 x 1080 the gap disappears UNTILL the next reboot then the gap reappears, so if I adjust 1920 x 1080 down to 1680 x 1050, you guessed it the gap disappears. Please see the attached Screen shots.

Can you all do your magic and help?

Thanks & Semper Fi

2. Old Marine

Old Marine Thread Starter

After notification of another update from NVIDIA and allowing it to do its thing, the display problem was solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice