1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Update Firmware

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by justthatguy, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justthatguy

justthatguy Thread Starter

Hey. I am wanting to update firmware for my dvd burner. I know it is a NEC DVD+-RW ND 3650, but after that i have no idea how (or even if I can) update its firmware. Any help would be great thanks!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. justthatguy

That's the problem: I don't know haha I don't know how to know either haha

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

By following the links that I posted.

5. justthatguy

ok the Nero Tool said that I had firmware version 105c, and i downloaded Dell ND3650A OEM firmware 108C. Then i downloaded the necflash from liggydee's website and i dumped my old firmware and flashed the 108c versions. I restarted my computer and it said driver was successfully installed...so is that all I need to do?

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check with Infotool to be sure it is updated, make sure it supports the things it should, and that is it.

7. justthatguy

Yes it is, yep it does, and thank you so much. I really do not like messing around w/hardware w/o knowing about anything i'm doing so you pretty much saved my computer haha thank you

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice