1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Updated Wireless Hardware on Windows XP Desktop - Can't get new wireless to w

Discussion in 'Networking' started by direktr2, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. direktr2

direktr2 Thread Starter

My old wireless was working fine, I simply updated my internet to faster speed and so I updated my router and modem hardware. I've consulted online manuals but cannot find the locations I'm told to go to enter new WPA-PSk codes for the new router. The wired internet is working fine and the XBOX & my phone shows a listing for my new router however I get an error message when entering the passcode from the router - my guess is that my desktop still has the old router info - I just can't find where to enter the new.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Delete the wireless profile and scan for your network. When you try to connect you will be prompted for the WPA passphrase.

If that doesn't work disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

3. direktr2

direktr2 Thread Starter

Thanks! Working now :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!