Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Updates fail to install

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveBurnett 
#1 ·
I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that every time I turned my computer off I was getting the message that there were updates to be installed and not to turn the power off to the computer itself. This has been going on for more than a month now with the same updates over and over again. I found the list of the updates that were installed and see that after a certain date most of the updates failed to install correctly. Regular Windows 7 updates seem to be installing OK but the Office application updates are not being successfully installed. My first thought was that some settings have gotten messed up and decided to restore settings to a prior time, but found that there were no recorded settings prior to the time I needed. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem?
Whitola

#4 ·
Dave, you suggest that the source files may be missing? the thing is that all of the Office applications i use work fine. if i were to reinstall source files again would this action remove my application data? i would not want this to happen.
I appreciate your help.

Whitola

#5 ·
Hiya,Whitola is it office 2003 you have?,the best way way to install these updates is bring up the window (view windows updates) in and then go to microsoft download center,click on the Download Categories arrow and select Windows security updates,from the list of updates that will not install type the KB******* Number in the search box,cliick download and save to your desktop,once you have all the updates on your desktop close all windows and start to install one a time,be patient and as mentioned in an earlier post have your office CD handy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.