Solved: Updates Won't Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ebony

I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed on my PC. Every morning when I boot up my computer I get a message " Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off computer." and on shut off "Installing Update 1 of 12" This repeats every day so it's obvious the system is not taking the upgrade I did a search but can't find this specific problem. . I'd rather not use System Restore because I can't really say how long the problem has existed .

goto>start>windows update>select View update history from the list on top left,write down the KB******** numbers of the failed updates,go to the microsoft download centre and from here you can type in the KB****** numbers download and install manually

ebony

I tried to download two so far. KB2732500 and KB2729094 and got the same message when I tried to install."This version of Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported.Please download the newest version and ensure your system clock is accurate." Both entered numbers were on failed update attempts.

check your computer date and time is correct,type windows latest genuine advantage tool in your browsr and download/install

ebony

It says windows latest genuine advantage tool needs Windows XP to install. Time and date are correct.

ebony

It worked!! I installed the update you recommended and when I tried to install the rest I was told they were already installed.
Thank you much huggle54.I did check Windows Update and all the updates shoe successful.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online