1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Updating Nvidia Riva Tnt2/Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acdevera, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. acdevera

acdevera Thread Starter

Hi,

Can anyone assist me how to update my video card to the latest version (if there is). It's a bit old. its a 32mb AGP Nvidia Riva Tnt2/Pro (Microsoft Corp.) driver date is 4/7/2004 version 5.6.7.3 (stated in device manager) I have WIndows XP SP2

Are there freeware that can figure out what is installed and recommend safely which version to update or driver to download so I can reinstall. I can't seem to find the driver cd that came with this video card.

Thanks.

Tony

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Tony:

Nvidia ForceWare 66.93 is the most current version that you want to install, using Windows XP SP2. If you try to install version 71.84 or newer, it won't work.

I'm speaking from experience because I had a Nvidia Riva TNT2 32MB AGP video card in one of my desktops until I replaced it with an ATI Radeon 7000 64MB PCI video card.

You can download it from here.

Frank

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. dragonrice

dragonrice

Awesome I was just looking for the exact same driver. Thanks flavallee because I have the exact same problem as the topic creator. :D :D

4. acdevera

acdevera Thread Starter

Hi Frank:
    Thank you for your immediate response. A second question is in the installation hints it says "Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove", It's not in my Add/Remove Programs. I can recall that I never installed any driver for this one except for the microsoft driver update. How can uninstall this one? or can I re-install over?

Tony

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Just install the drivers and you'll be fine, you are using the drivers supplied by Windows which don't come with an uninstall.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    dragonrice/acdevera:

You're both welcome for the help. :)

acdevera:

Triple6 advised you correctly. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the display driver is installed and the computer restarted, go into the display properties windows and into the "settings" tab and into the "advanced" section so you can make whatever setting changes you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. acdevera

acdevera Thread Starter

Hi flavallee & Triple6,

Thank you. I had the driiver installed and updated.

Tony

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  9. brbpab94

brbpab94

Thanx Just what I'm looking for

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice