1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Updating RAM.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mtbigsky21, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtbigsky21

mtbigsky21 Thread Starter

Hi, I would like to update my lenovo t41 Ram. The computer just doesn't run as fast as I would like it to and i cant afford a new one. I have looked around online and have found a few 1GB upgrades but I don't know what or which is the best for the money. If anyone has any info on what steps I should take to speed up this computer, please let me know.
    Thank you for your time.

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. KevinBumber

KevinBumber

www.crucial.com is a good place to find out what type of RAM, and how much RAM you can put into a laptop or desktop

4. BG-0

BG-0

5. mtbigsky21

mtbigsky21 Thread Starter

I checked the lenovo IBM 1GB PC2700 SODIMM and think thats the one. Is that the only thing I can do to make it run faster? Again thank you for the quick replies, I love this site!

6. BG-0

BG-0

Cleaning it from useless background programs would be another thing to do.. Nothing else, basically.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice