1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Updating Windows Vista causes problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by diet2001, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. diet2001

diet2001 Thread Starter

I recently updated Service pack 1 and Window IE 8 on my laptop. Upon rebooting, I lost my audio sound, as well as my touchpad mouse capabilities. Why is this happening? What good is it to do the updates...when it screws up all of the critical settings that were working fine before those updates occurred.

2. joeten

joeten

hi go to the computer mfr support website for your make and model and download the drivers you need and install

3. diet2001

diet2001 Thread Starter

so...everytime I do a security update or install an upgraded IE Exployer...I have to get those drivers from the Manufacterer's.....????

OK...I will try that suggestion. thank you

4. joeten

joeten

not proven that this will be the case this may be a one off issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/859510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice