Solved: Upgrading Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 Bit.. Driver questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Angry12345

Well, finally a reason to get out from under windows xp that is reasonable. Problem is they didnt make it easy. Obviously going to have to do a complete clean install with backups to external etc... but.. what about the drivers?

Maybe this is wrong forum, sorry if it is

Obviously i am going to have to update drivers for graphics cards, motherboard, bigfoot networking card.. its an onboard sound.. so not for sure where to get that driver. but is there a way to tell what other drivers I might need besides just noticing problems?

How do I uninstall my old nForce driver and install the new one?

I had thought that nForce drivers would be like other nvidia drivers in the control panel's uninstall programs area, but I found only graphics and network drivers there.

Btw its a nforce 780i sli motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online