Solved: Upgrading WorksSuite06 on WinME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HowardsGma

I have been trying to find recommendations for the operations I need to perform on my HP pc with WinME before upgrading my MS Works (came with the PC) to the Works Suite 2006. In the past, I've had so much trouble when trying to upgrade anything that I have a dread of losing my PC for a week while trying to restore and then figure out what went wrong. I can't find anything on the MS site - I need advice, please. I have NIS, which I assume I'll need to disable while upgrading. I've run ScanDisk and defrag.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you have an old version of Microsoft Works already installed, you should uninstall it first and then delete its leftover folder from C:\Program Files before you install Microsoft Works Suite 2006.

Make sure to disable or turn off your antivirus program before uninstalling or installing any program.

The system requirements for it are here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HowardsGma

I do have an old version loaded so will uninstall it first (after disabling the NIS). Thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online