Solved: Upgrading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

saibot216

Is it possible to buy and install a new processor and graphics card for a laptop? Can "Geek Squad" do this?

Processor yes.
Video most likely not, but not sure until you tell us what laptop your talking about.

saibot216

I have an AMD Mobile Sempron and i wanted to upgrade to an AMD Turion 64 x2 and a better graphics card since I got a new game and I need pixel shader 3.0

It's not at all possible to upgrade the video because it's integrated (soldered to the motherboard).
I would suggest not upgrading at all and start saving for a system that will play the games you want to play.

saibot216

What does "soldered" mean?
So there's no way I could get a new graphics card into my laptop?

saibot216 said:
What does "soldered" mean?
So there's no way I could get a new graphics card into my laptop?
It's physically attached with melted metal at certain points.
And no.

saibot216

...Wait, but what if I got a new motherboard (keeping the memory chips) and got a new processor and graphics card, is that possible? Would it work? What would my end result be?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts