1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Upgrage of Ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joedfan, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joedfan

joedfan Thread Starter

Good Evening,

I have learned my lesson in the past and now know that I check here before making any moves on software or hardware.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700C with 512 of ram which I want to upgrade to 2 GB. I find a 2GB upgrade kit for $39.99 at Crucial.

Over at Dell I find Two 1GB sticks at 59.99.

Obviously I would like to save the twenty bucks, but thought I would check with you folks for advice first on making the move for the lower cost and what to expect.

Thank you in advance for your great support.

Brian:cool:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Crucial is a fine place to get memory upgrades, its good quality and what they list should be fully compatible with your system.

3. bigbear

bigbear

Go with Crucial, their ram is guaranteed to work

4. joedfan

joedfan Thread Starter

Appreciate the quick response from both of you and will order on your advice.

Makes me feel much better when checking here and you folks should know you do a great service that is appreciated.

Brian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/745389