1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uploading Pictures from digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jlksthompson, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlksthompson

jlksthompson Thread Starter

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows XP. I have uploaded pictures onto my computer for years with my digital camera, a Canon Power Shot A495 using the software that came with the camera. Now suddenly it won't upload any pictures. Please can you help?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Can you download the pictures from the camera "manually" thru "My Computer" ???
    And Welcome to the TSG Forum

3. jlksthompson

No, haven't tried using "my computer". Is that a photo program? Thanks for the welcome!

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Connect the camera via USB, turn it on, then camera should show up as an external drive in "My Computer"
    Then you should be able to download the pics from the camera and save them where you want.

I never install any Camera software .. Never know which camera I'll be using

5. jlksthompson

It worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067009