1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uprade to DDR problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by petercraig, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. petercraig

petercraig Thread Starter

I have an Elite Computer Group Mobo P4VXASD2+ which supports both SDRAM and DDR. It's been running fine with 256Mb SDRAM. I tried to upgrade to 1Gb DDR (Kingston KVR266X64C25/1G, which was recommended on the Kingston site for this specific Mobo). I changed the jumpers for 2.5v operation and for addressing the DDR slots. On boot up, the beep sequence was 1 long beep, then 8 short beeps, thena long pause, then 2 short beeps, short pause and 1 short beep. No display came up so I couldn't see what was going on. Display appeared to be in sleep mode. When I reconfigued back to SDRAM, it look numerous boot attempts to restore the setting on the AGP board.
    Any ideas on what caused the DDR boot to fail would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Peter

2. zeddy

zeddy

Can only think that there might be an issue with the bios version of the board or with the power requirements of the 1GB stick of ram.

3. petercraig

petercraig Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm going to try a smaller stick. According to both the mobo and memory vendors the 1 G should work.
    PC

4. SacsTC

SacsTC

Sounds like jumper problem. You need to pull the jumper off of JP1. Then you need to add jumpers on all the left-hand pins on J2A and J3A which is a total of 10 jumpers in a vertical line

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/209769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice