1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Urgent Can't login Account restricted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ziggy1, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

We ll I got myself into a pickle, I was trying to disable the account login and ended up locking my self out of the computer. Now it comes up Account restricted and i can't login.

Microsoft says to get into safemode, to be able to change it back, but I can't get it into safemode. If I press F8 too soon, it stops the computer from booting. I tried several points along the way...once the floppy drive lights up it is the only point at which I can press F8 and the computer will continue to boot, but even with me pressing it repeatedly, It won't go to safe mode.

Help help :confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Keep trying. Safe Mode is your best bet. Try holding down the Shift key just before Windows starts to boot and after the BIOS has done its thing.

What did you do?

Can you get into the Admin account and do you know the Admin password?

3. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

Normally my computer is et to login without a password, but I still have to click on the User (admin) icon (welcome screen). I wanted the computer to just load without having to click anything.

So I did start/run...control userpasswords2 ( somthing like that) to access the user login options. I unchecked to not use passwords or something like that, then In acount setup I unchecked the help screen....Now I [email protected]#$%

I can't even get into BIOS..I though if I could get my PC to boot from the CD then I could use the XP CD?

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

this sucks, I accidently hit the print screen key, and it printed out the safe mode screen. so it must come up , but my monitor has not activated at that point.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sorry to say that getting into BIOS has nothing to do with Windows since all that happens before Windows even begins to load. You may have a more serious problem then just Windows.

Were you able to get into BIOS before? Being able to use the Recovery Console from a booted XP CD is often handy for repairs.

Did you do anything else to the machine?

6. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

well I've printed the safe menu twice, so I thought if I could arrow up 9 times and hit enter (Blindly because monitor is not on), I could get into safe mode.

No I didn't do anthing else, there was nothing wrong, I just wanted to change the login

7. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

grrr I hate my computer...stupid stupid stupid... I run dual monitors, I switched them around and now I can see everything, I got into safemode I can see everything. It's unbeliveable that the other monitor would not start with the regular connection.

So now it is working, thanks for the hel Elvandil

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

When does the monitor blank? What is the last visible thing on the screen?

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

I guess we cross-posted. Great job! Thanks for following up.

You can mark the thread "solved" using the Thread Tools if you are done.

10. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

yes I'll mark it solved,

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice