Solved: URGENT: LiteOn 1693S DVD-RW problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nubuilder

I just installed a LiteOn 1693S DVD Dual Layer Burner in my computer. It burns DVDs fine, but it will not open them. I've tried double clicking on the icon in My Computer and right clicking open. Neither will work. It doesn't work with Auto-Play either. In My Computer, it says it is a DVD-RW Drive. When you put a DVD, the icon goes to a CD icon with DVD-ROM by it.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!

nubuilder

I have a DVD burner whick also is suppose to read all DVD formats and CDs (the new one that doesn't read anything, but will write) and a CD burner.

nubuilder: Your signaature doesn't show a DVD burner or DVD-ROM. But, if you have one installed, what DVD readins software do you have installed?

nubuilder

Oops!

I guess I forgot that.

Is there any software out there that is free for that?

I won't be able to check that until tomorrow night. It would the best if you could tell me of some free software or what software to look for on my CD that came with it.

I have installed PowerDVD 5.0, Nero 6, Nero Vision Express, Nero Media Player, InCD 4, InCD Reader, and Content + Templates for Nero. These are the programs that came with the DVD burner. I do not see a program for the DVD burner to be able to read DVDs.

Any information would be very helpful.

nubuilder: It seems that you do have a DVD/RW installed.
Power DVD is your reading software and should show your DVDs. When you put a DVD into the drive, Power DVD should open automatically and, if you have the drive set to open with Power DVD automatically, start your movie.
Try this: go to My Computer>right click on your DVD drive and choose Properties. On the Auto play tab, Click the drop down arrow and select DVD movie. Now click Select Action to Perform and select Play movie using Power DVD. Apply >OK.
Not try a movie. Let me know what happens.

nubuilder

The DVD drive will read a DVD movie and data disk. The drive will not play any disk that has the "autorun" feature on it. When I try to install Nascar Thunder 2003 (which auto runs to a menu), the computer freezes.

Shoud I uninstall the DVD burner and restart my computer?

nubuilder

Yes I did and I installed Nascar from it.

I just want the DVD-RW to work the way it should.

Does anybody no what to do?????

nubuilder

It is an internal drive.

Should I go into Device Manager, uninstall it, and restart the computer?

You can try that, but I don't think it will do any good. Try it anyway-- can't hurt.
When was the last time you updated the software for this thing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online