1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Usb bsod

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by debdutta, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debdutta

debdutta Thread Starter

Hello everyone I am new to this forums.

I dont know if this is the correct place for the topic or not, if not pls move it mods.

The problem starts from here -
    I am getting a BSOD every time I plug in any USB storage device (any) in any port, and start copying files on the device or from the device. I think this is a driver problem but I couldn't find an appropriate driver for this one.

Please help me.
    Kindly also tell that do I need to update anything.

Also review the minidump files I have attached.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Your mini dumps
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 27/01/2011 09:04:36 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012711-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbuhci.sys (usbuhci+0x3148)
    Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x3D3CD564, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBA453148)
    Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: usbuhci.sys .
    Google query: usbuhci.sys CUSTOM_ERROR

On Tue 25/01/2011 16:02:43 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012511-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbuhci.sys (usbuhci+0x3148)
    Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0xFFFFFFFFFF6FFF83, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBA45B148)
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: usbuhci.sys .

On Mon 24/01/2011 13:47:05 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012411-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbuhci.sys (usbuhci+0x35AF)
    Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBA3F35AF)

Please try the following
    1. Start, right click the My Computer entry, click properties, in the window that opens click Hardware, then click device manager
    Scroll down to the usb entry. expand it by clicking the small + sign.
    Are there any warning marks, red or yellow. If so double click that entry and follow the advice as far as you can.
    If it tells you that it is a driver issue, se if you can update the driver.

WHILST THERE check for any warnings on any entries in device manager.
    Having done that and if there were NONE or you have dealth with the issue, now click the View tab and click Show Hidden devices.
    Check again.
    IF YOU FIXED ANY ISSUES on normal view - reboot tthe computer BEFORE enabling Show Hidden devices.

2. If there WERE NO issues there proceed as below.

3. Open My Computer - right click the hard drive carrying windows. Click properties, DO YOU HAVE at least 10%, and that is the VERY LEAST free space on the drive. IF NOT post back with details.

4. If you have enough free space click the Tools tab on that window open in 3. and click error checking. Click Check Now and Click to check the box automatically fix file system errors. Click Start - agree to run on restart and do so. DO NOT INTERRUPT.

5. NOW TRY the usb pen.

6. If still not working go start, run and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. Insert the XP CD as requested. When you reach this stage if you do not have the XP CD, when it asks for it, click retry and if not ignore. If you have to do this immediately from the start of the system file check. Post back at this stage.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice