1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: USB Controllers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swepres, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swepres

swepres Thread Starter

I am running a Dell Dimension E520 with Windows 7. I attempted to install a new USB device. It failed and now none of my USB connections work -- which, of course, means I have no mouse, no keyboard, etc! Can I get to the device manager any other way. What, if any, are my alternatives?

2. swepres

swepres Thread Starter

I unplugged the geast and all its peripherals. Opened up and juggled the USB connectors (not that I expected anything but for my own satisfaction). When I put it all back together everything worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!