[SOLVED] usb irq conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wen

brother-in-law has brought digital camera with both usb and serial connection. he couldn't get usb to work. have been and had a look and enabled his usb ports in bios.

but

when looking in device manager his usb and onboard sound are allocated irq 11 - surely a conflict?

i have got the comp to download pictures from the camera - sometimes - and on other times it says : check power , check cable, check usb.

does all his problems stem from the fact that his usb and audio are sharing the same irq?

what is the easiest way of re-allocating irq?

thanks for any help.

wen:)

Sharing an IRQ is not a problem for Windows 98SE and ME. What version of Windows is he using? What make and model of the camera? What is the software being used with the camera? Also what's the make and model of the PC? One last thing go into Device Manager and get the USB description and post it here. This information will help be able to help you, otherwise we are shooting in the dark.

wen

am back home on my own comp at the moment, have to go to work soon so won't be able to look at his comp until tomorrow.

his os is 98se, its a tiny comp, about a 400 mhz, the camera is a basic jenoptic about the size of a matchbox - just 640 x 480 snapshot and e-mail thing.

sorry i know its much help but as i said i've got to go to work.

i will take my camera round tomorrow and also my powered usb hub to see if they work.

sorry

wen

wen

he phoned while i was working, he says that after a few re-boots everything seems to work fine. problem solved.

wen

That's good news, thanks for sharing it. I will mark this thread solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online