Solved: USB Motherboard Connections ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

exceller

Merry Christmas everyone, its all over for another year.. :mad:

I have recently built myself a new PC a new motherboard and a case etc.

The motherboard I have is a 'Foxconn 600 series' and a new ATX case which I built using some PCI cards and Hdrives from my old case.

The Problem I have is at the front of the case there are two spare USB ports on the side, I also have four ports at the rear supplied on the M/board plus a another two on a PCI card.
The two spare front ports have a flying lead each with a 3pin and a single pin wired, the colors are red/white/green and the single is black. But the M/board has 2 connections for a 10pin connector, which has the following

'F_USB2'
VCC.........VCC
D6-..........D7-
D6+.........D7+
GND........GND
Empty.....GND

'F_USB1'
VCC.........VCC
D4-..........D0-
D4+.........D0+
GND........GND
Empty.....GND

I have since looked on the net and found that this flying lead is known as a type 'A'. The red wire (+5v), the white (- Data), the green (+ Data) and the black (GND). Does this mean that both leads could be connected to the F_USB2 connector block on the M/board. ??? :confused: :) (y) (n)

Rukee

Banned
looking at the header on the motherboard, it should have a block of 9 pins with the 10th pin removed for orientation of the plug(if you had a 1 piece plug). There are two rows of pins, you can use them both, one row of 4 for each USB connection. Starting at the end without the missing pin and working that direction, the wires on my front USB connector leads are Red, White, Green, Black.

exceller

Thanks Rukee for you help and with website I found, the problem is solved.

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online