Solved: USB Mouse & Keyboard Stopped working yesterday.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taintain101

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16237 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1924 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430696 MB, Free - 420161 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 59 MB; H: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 51358 MB; J: Total - 1907727 MB, Free - 1065869 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z68XP-UD3
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

It has happened four times now, at seemingly random times.

I will be using the computer for a few hours, and the mouse & keyboard will stop working. The lights on my keyboard (capslock, numlock, scroll lock) will dimly flicker, but that is the only sign I have they are plugged in. I have been using this mouse and keyboard with this computer for well over a year without this issue.

I've tried different usb ports. The only way I have been able to fix it is pressing the power button on my case.

Since yesterday, I have scanned for virus, spyware, malware. Updated BIOS usb drivers, and windows updates. It has happened since I have done that.

My bios has these USB settings: USB Controllers, USB Legacy Function, USB Storage Function, R_USB30 Controller, F_USB30 Controller. All of which are currently enabled.

Taintain101

I set R_USB30 Controller to disabled as a test, and that seems to have fixed the problem :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online