1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: USB mouse not recognised at boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niedernsill, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. niedernsill

niedernsill Thread Starter

My usb mouse is not recognised at boot up, although the touchpad works OK. If I disconnect the mouse and plug it in again, it starts to work immediatly. I fear the plug will wear out, as well as being a bit of a nuisance.
    I have downloaded a new driver from "TRUST" a few days ago, but no change. There may be a program to run at startup, but I cant find anything which I recognise as a mouse start up program. Any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Michael
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3956 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 447861 MB, Free - 192934 MB; Z: Total - 150428 MB, Free - 86495 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 7740
    Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. MicroAlex

MicroAlex

Hey there.
    Let me get this straight, when you boot up in to OS your mouse does not work, only after you re-plug it then it works right?

If yes did you have any problems like that before?
    Did you try a different USB port?
    Did you modify your startup settings?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Has the mouse worked ok in the past ? What model is it ? Did you get the driver from Trust ? Got a link to where you got the new driver ?

4. dai

dai

check if you have a bios setting

enable usb on boot

5. niedernsill

niedernsill Thread Starter

Thank you all for your iterest in my problem. sorry I have not replied before but I have been away.
    Yes, Microalex, the mouse would only work after I removed and then replugged it in again, and the new driver was dwnloaded from TRUST, the mouse manufacturer (to whom I could not get an email support request off too). I dont thhink I installed any other software that may have caused problems. I have however had cause, because of a frozen system, to remove mains power and the battery to switch the machine off, after which I restarted in safe mode. From there I rebooted normaly, and lo and behold, the mouse driver is now loaded and shows as an icon on the menu bar along the bottom of the screen and works as it should. I can only assume the safe mode boot kicked something into place. Thanks again for yur interest. If the problem returns, maybe I can come back to you.
    Thanks
    Niedernsill

6. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice