Solved: USB Printer to Parallel Port ... ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

compushlep

Is there such a thing as an adaptor to allow a USB printer connection to a parallel port? So far my searches blanked, have only seen ones that go the other way.

Reason: plan to replace an existing printer which is connected to a D-Link DI-704P via parallel port with a printer that has only a USB connector.

Is this a possible/workable solution to allow me to network the printer?

TIA, Shlep

compushlep

That was quick ... Thanks!!

The units in question are both laptops, both with USB ports, the thinking was to make use of the existing parallel port on the D-Link rather than to reconfigure, and also saving the USBs for other hardware ...

All suggestions are appreciated, I especially like the USB print server ... may wait till the price comes down a bit.

Much obliged!!

Hmmm...

If you could find an old desktop pc with a NIC and USB, you could share the printer from there ( don't really need the monitor or keyboard, there are some remote access software that will take care of that )...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online