Solved: Usb to Ethernet Adapter Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tech-curious

Hi, my network question is specific to a school. So my school has about 4 computer labs and all of the computers (mac and windows) are connected by wires. I'm not really sure how wired networks work and if you can just plug and use.
My question is if one was to buy a usb to ethernet adapter for their laptop, would they be able to connect any blue wire from a school computer into that adapter and be able to connect to the internet without any problems? I'm thinking about buying one that's on sale and I would like to buy it tonight if it's wise.
I've been searching around and I see some sites saying (in wired connections in general) that they sometimes have to enter a username and password upon plugging in?

Thank you

valis

Have you asked the school about this, and if they would help you set it up? That is where you need to start.

tech-curious

No, I was hoping to place an order for one tonight, Maybe I'll just ask then order.
Thanks

--Close--

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online