[SOLVED] USB to Parallel adapter cable won't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sonnylowe

I bought a USB to parallel cable for my printer in hopes to free up the LPT1 port for a scanner. I have installed the cable, and a driver from Belkin (the cable is not Belkin, but it was the only one I could find). I get a USBLPT1 port in the device manager, but my printer will not talk to it. I have picked that as my port in the details section of the printer properties, but it doesn't help, any suggestions? I don't know the brand of the cable, but I would think they are all the same.

thanks you

sonnylowe

Originally posted by Jest8
Will you scanner work with the adapter?
No the scanner has a different plug, it's made to go between the printer and computer. Thanks for the reply...I have the printer working now. For anyone else with this problem I found the answer at the Belkin site, they gave instructions for the setup of the Deskjet series of HP printers. They also had the driver I needed, although the cable was not Belkin everything seemed to work. Thanks again for all the help I receive in the forum, I will try to return thefavor when ever possible.

S

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online