1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Use Cash to buy Mobile Broadband PAYG ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bartog, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bartog

bartog Thread Starter

Thinkpad X200, Win 7 pro 32bit, Ericsson F3507g mobile modem (internal)

Is it still possible to buy airtime over-the-counter for a mobile broadband SIM without having to register a credit/debit card ?
    If so, what company(s) offer this ?

I won't register a card for a mobile SIM because it won't be used often.
    3 changed their mobile broadband package and now I'd have to register for top-ups.
    The simplicity of cash top-ups for mobile broadband is all I require.
    I'm in UK

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    It says here you can buy vouchers - presumably with cash? http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...lebroadband,varset_subcat=3892,Case=obj(3881)

It goes on - "You can top-up from over 100, 000 UK shops that show the Three top-up sign. At the shop, tell the cashier the amount you want to top-up and they'll electronically print out the voucher. The voucher will say 'call 444 to activate' but that's for if you're topping up your phone only. To top-up Mobile Broadband, you'll need to go to your My3 account and follow these steps:..."

Hope this helps?

Richard

3. bartog

bartog Thread Starter

Just bought (with cash) a 3 voucher and it's working fine.
    They've changed the look of the sign in, so the new set-up threw me and my knee jerk reaction was damnit swine police computer state want my card details for this now.
    Cheers

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Glad you got it sorted!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice