1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: user error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lynddsy55, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lynddsy55

lynddsy55 Thread Starter

hi all. i accidently put my camera sandisk in my flash drive and now can't figure out how to retreive it. hope someone can help. i really need my pics. thank you

2. maceman

maceman

Hi Lynddsy55,
    Could you tell a little more about this incident. What kind of flash drive you got (mark and model)?
    Maybe it's just too early in the morning, but I can't figure out how everything happened :D

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Push on it.

4. lynddsy55

lynddsy55 Thread Starter

hello and thank you for your response. i have a Compaq presario. what happened is i was putting in my camera disk to load pics on the computer and as i was loading it into the smart media i got a phone call and accidentally put it into the compactflash which is right below the smart media. it disappeared and i can't get it out. tried to see if i could shake it out-turned it upside down and nothing came out. there is nothing to push.lol

5. lynddsy55

lynddsy55 Thread Starter

maceman, thank you and please read my reply. not sure if it goes to you both or to you! new here. :)

6. maceman

maceman

Sorry about the delay (major carnival weekend in Finland)
    I think that you could get it out with tweezer. If not you may have to open your compact flash. I think that it shouldn't be too complicated. But start with the tweezer :D

7. lynddsy55

lynddsy55 Thread Starter

mace man, thank you for your response.i guess i'll be taking it apart. since i can't see it. i heard it click when it went in like it fell. lol thank you so much for your help. hope you injoyed the carnival.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!