1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: User Input form from table in MS access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vinwin06, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I am new to the form creation in access database, but i am very much familiar with queries and table creation. Now i want to create a form for the user to provide some inputs to show the results from table. And if they want to change any record of the displayed result then they need to click on edit option in form to edit those details. then those details need to be updated in source table also.

I am beginner in form creation i have given try to create it but i don't know where to start and where to end. Can you please anyone help me to create this form . May be if you have give some suggestion and idea's i can able to try myself.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinwin

2. OBP

OBP

Is the data all in one table?
    If so it makes the form very simple, using the Form Wizard you can create the form with all the table fields on it.
    When the data is added or edited Access automatically saves the changes to the table.

3. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply OBP. but if i want to have a certain fields need to be filled by user and click on search do that they will get the result then from there if they edit it then it will be update automatically?
    Just curious to know how is the data is from query it will update automatically in source table?

How we can show if the results is having more than one value.

If its possible give me some sample database so that i can have a look at it..

4. OBP

OBP

5. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Thanks OBP . but i already seen the form , sorry to say this its very confusing for me to go through this form. As a beginner in forms difficult for me to go through the patient forms. Can you please provide me something simple to understand.

6. OBP

OBP

7. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Once again thanks OBP. But still i dont understand it clearly. i dont know where i am lacking my knowledge. Can you please help me to understand.

8. OBP

OBP

Well you need to explain what it is you can't do, the Form Wizard creates the forms for you, so which part don't you know how to do?

9. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Hi OBP,

Find attached the database i am using it. I have created a form called "Vin_Qry_Fields Sort". In this form i have added some control buttons but i cant execute the save button. I need a button called edit button to change the records. If the users want to edit it or try to change it.

Another requirement :

Also based on the above requirements i need to have a option called search button.

For ex: If the user gives vendor # or tax code then it will open up a result from their i need a option called edit to made some changes in the records.

Attached Files:

10. OBP

OBP

The first problem you have is you can't base a form for adding/editing a record source on a query that uses Grouping.
    The data has to be based on a normal select query or the table.

11. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

HI OBP,

Find attached the new database with new table called "Result". This based on the same query i have created can you please do the requirements as mentioned above.

Attached Files:

12. OBP

OBP

I have changed the form's record source to the new result table and also changed the vendor number combo to the detailed data table.
    The records can now be edited and you do not need a Save Record button, the data is automatically saved.

13. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

Can i get a copy of the database?

14. OBP

OBP

Sorry, I forgot to attach it :(:eek:

Attached Files:

15. vinwin06

vinwin06 Thread Starter

But in the vendor number i dont get the lost from Detailed data its showing only "AA" as vendor number.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice