1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: User password error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Memnoch322, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memnoch322

Memnoch322 Thread Starter

Okay....

2003 domain, and Exch 2003 for email.

We change passwords every 30 days ( policy)

So one of my users changed thier password and now can no longer access network resources. She cant open her email ether because we store the PST file in a mapped my documents folder.

SO when I try to open her my documents it wants me to athenticate. So I put her user name and password in, in the following format

domain\user
    password

It just bounces me back to the logon box..

I have reset the password again I have power cycled her machine and rebooted all the DC's and the Exchange box.

I dont understand...

If I change the password and I am able to logon that mean I am using the correct credentials, cause I am not logging on with chached ones. I dont know maybe someone has had something like this before.

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322 Thread Starter

Issue seems to have resolved its self. Must have been an issue with AD replicating or something I dunno, will mark as solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice