Solved: Using a tower case horizontally

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbuck

My daughter has a new Dell computer. It is a desktop mid tower case. It has the usual drives and accessories. My question is "Can she use it on her desk in a horizontal position"? To me it is meant to be set up vertically but I have seen some set up otherwise. Could the horizontal position effect drives or other moving parts?

Thanks

Rbuck

crjdriver

The only issue I can see would be if laying down the case blocks an air intake and or exhaust.

TonyB25

Banned
If it has an optical drive, that could be a problem too. If the case was designed to be flipped, you can change the orientation of the optical drive.

If she doesn't need or use an optical drive, don't worry.

rbuck

Thanks for the info I think the cd rom drive error possibility is the clincher. I will advise to mount the case upright!
Rbuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online