Solved: Using a workgroup switch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Appleking

Ok...I know a little bit about switches but not enough to answer this question my self. If I was to buy a workgroup switch, do I have to connect it to the Internet in anyway? Generally all I want to use it for is file sharing between computers. The computers wouldn't be connected to the Internet, Just the switch. So if I did this could I make them into a workgroup network and not use Internet or do I really need the Internet?

You don't need internet. All computers connected to switch and configured with manualy assigned IP addreses and masks. It's completely enough for your needs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online