1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Using Calc

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by svmali84, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svmali84

svmali84 Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I am new to open office calc.My spreadsheet is like the below format

ID NAME

1 Bill

2 Sanc

35 Rivek

1 Bill

Now what i wanted is that when i type "1" then "Bill" Should come automatically.i.e.If that ID is already present then the name should come automatically.

Please help me how can I do this in Calc Spreadsheet?
    Also can i do the same thing if my lookup sheet is in another worksheet?

2. letchworth

letchworth

Are you wanting a VLookup? Not sure exactly from your description, but that could do what you want

Something like this-- I used sheet two for my list of customers- (In my case I typed the name and it provided the customer number)
    =VLOOKUP(A2;customer;2)

the formula looks at what you type into A2 then compares it with the customer list to see if the name in A2 is a match- then prints out the information in column 2 (customer number). NOTE: I defined customer file as the area on sheet 2- A1:B67 (that is the lookup file) Also note: Oo_O uses semi-colons to separate arguments rather than commas.

letchworth

3. svmali84

svmali84 Thread Starter

thanks. it heped me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!