1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: using Slimdrivers. Did not back-up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dranebrace, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dranebrace

dranebrace Thread Starter

I had recently updated my driver using slim Drivers. and unfortunately. i did not back up as it has told me.
    Now my desktop is blury. even though i have adjusted the resolution.

The drive ri have updated is called Intel(R) g41 express chipset.

Going into the device manager menu and clicking the name of the intel(R) g41 chipset i see where it says device status.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

going to the Driver part of the menu and attempting to click rollback driver. i find that it is faded. as apparently all of my accounts on this computer are set to slandered and I am unable to click it.

I have found no help from the main website of slim drivers. as my registering to there forum did not work
    Please I could use some help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. dranebrace

Are you telling me to use those links?

Because Trying the first one. and installing the drive update utility. simply gave me an error message saying. access denied.

Would that system restore. delete any of my stuff? like logs, saved pictures/documents?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, that's why I posted them. They go to the official Intel website. If you get an error make sure you are running the installer as an administrator; right click and choose to run as administrator for good measure. Also the second driver is likely the one you really need, the first one is recommended as well because who knows what damage SlimDrivers did to your system.

System Restore only affects programs and settings, not personal data. However as with everything computer related you should(must) have a backup, if you don't have a backup then you shouldn't be messing with your computer at all until you do so.

5. dranebrace

Thank you. this did just the trick. Ill be sure to give that Slim Driver program a bad review. Computer is back to normal.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice