1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: UTorrent Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used..

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by davido-23, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

Hi!

When I attempt to download a file from U Torrent I get the following error message:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

As per the mininova FAQ's on this problem, I have uninstalled google desktop, tried downloading to a different location (ie my documents) and disbaled norton but I get the same problem.

The weird thing is that when my dad logs in to his XP account and downloads a file via utorrent he gets no error at all... I can then log back into my account and download without any error. However when I reboot the computer and log back into my a xp account and attempt to download the problem is back.

Any ideas??

Kind regards,

David.

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

This questions deals with P2P and as such is against the rules

3. Rivera42

Rivera42

They don't let people discuss P2P/torrent programs here. Your program probably has a support site listed, or a homepage. Try there.

I'm probably gonna get yelled at just for posting this...

4. davido-23

davido-23 Thread Starter

oops!!! sorry... didn't realise

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

nor did you read the rules...:rolleyes:

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

This thread is closed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717092