Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: vba code modules sizes

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Zack Barresse 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, v.3264, 32 bit. XP = Version 2002
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1981 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39989 MB, Free - 6566 MB; D: Total - 36294 MB, Free - 8670 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, G41T-M
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Hi
I use the VBA code for a program I wrote quite often and keep adding to it to improve, since last year I find on opening the code window that the modules for the vbacode in a smaller size, then I have to move it and drag the size to fit the window. It always fitted the space on the righthand side. Did I do something wrong for it to happen, and can it be fixed?

Find attached file just to show what it looks like

Please help

Thanks
Rusty

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there Rusty,

Just double click the header of the code pane you want to see and it will maximize itself into the IDE. So if you want the userform code pane maximized, in your picture, you'd click where it says "Book1 - UserForm1 (UserForm)", anywhere on that bar.

#3 ·
Hi Zack
Thanks for returning. Your way works well but I should have shown the way I would like it to be, as per attached. The Project VBA on the left and the Properties below with the code area on the right.
Hope I explained it correctly

Thanks again
Rusty

Attachments

#4 ·
You can re-arrange them any way you want. Just grab their headers and move them where you want. The key is to move them to the edge of the screen, whichever edge you want it docked to. I don't have a Windows XP machine to test it on (what your picture is shown using), so I'm not sure if they're docked to the main IDE pane or not, but it looks like they are. So I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do exactly.

#5 ·
Zack,
Your words "so I'm not sure if they're docked to the main IDE pane or not," youve hit the nail on the head, I want it to be docked. The first attachment "tech support" shows it whenever I open it the first time to write a code and the second "doc 1 " shows how it should look after I draged and moved it to its place, but it gets frustrating to do that each time. To say it short I have to move all modules every time I open anyone. Sorry if my explanation is confusing. As mentioned the first time it just happened to change size all of a sudden it was correct in the beginning, how can I get it to stay DOCKED.

Thanks Rusty

#7 ·
There is a registry setting for the Dock of your VBA IDE. You can delete it which should end up re-creating itself when you open the application again. To see if this will work for you, try the following steps:

PLEASE FOLLOW IN EXACT ORDER
You MUST have administrator privileges to do this. Changes here are in 'real-time', so there will be no saving.

1. Close all Office applications
  2. Hit Windows button + R (or click on your Windows orb [bottom-left] and type "Run" and press Enter)
  3. Type "regedit"
  4. With the Registry Editor open, click File | Export, name anything you want, THIS IS YOUR BACKUP COPY IN CASE THINGS GO SOUTH!
  5. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\*VERSION*\Common (replace *VERSION* with your version of VBA, should be 6.0, 7.0 or 7.1)
  6. Find the "Dock" registry name and delete it (you can right-click it and choose Delete, or select it and go to the Edit menu)
  7. Close the Registry Editor
  8. Open Excel
  9. Open the VBE
  10. Dock your panes appropriately
  11. Close the VBE
  12. Close Excel
  13. Open Excel
  14. Open the VBE
  15. Check docking status

If at any time this doesn't work, you can always open the Registry Editor again and Import the registry as you had exported it prior to any changes.

#8 ·
Hi Zack

I took so long to reply just to check that all is working as hopped for and work it did, thanks for giving this great tip, and your help. Just working fine all working areas stay locked where it should be.

Take it you also had a wonderfull Valentines day
I'm marking this as solved, thanks again

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.